The beautiful Synergy Parklands located in Kings Park and Botanic Garden was the first environmental playground and community area of its kind in Australia.
Synergy Parklands features a 75m-long elevated walkway, a two-tiered island fort, large-scale replicas of dinosaurs and extinct Australian Fauna, a timber boardwalk and an interactive water misting forest.
The park is a must visit for any dinosaur fan!
The walkway to the island fort playground
The Island Fort
Water Misting Forest
The elevated walkway complete with bridges, slides, ladders and fireman’s poles.
Swings – they are not shaded so can get very hot – especially if you are the one doing the pushing!
Synergy Parklands is a recreation area for the entire family with the playground particularly suitable for children over six years. Buggybuddys do not particularly recommend this park for toddlers as the centrepiece of the park is a large open water lake. For young children, you are best visiting the Lottery West Playground. No skateboards, scooters or bikes are allowed in the Park.
The park is perfect for social get-togethers as there is lots of open space and plenty of BBQs to enjoy.
The Zamia Cafe is situated within the parkland area, overlooking the lake and picnic areas. It is open for breakfast and lunch seven days a week from 800am to 4.30pm during the week and until 5.00pm at weekends. The Cafe also provides a large range of cakes, hot meals coffees, ice-creams, cold drinks and takeaway food.
If you are planning on holding a kids party in the park Zamia Café can provide the catering. You need a minimum of 10 children and have to provide at least 48 hours notice. The platters are for consumption outside of the café area.
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: May Drive