Just off of Beach Road in Girrawheen, we discovered Tendring Park, a neat little park with a life sized snakes and ladders game.
The main play structure in the playground features a twisty slide, a climbing wall, a rope climbing web, a fireman pole, some balancing platforms, monkey bars, and a little steering wheel at the top for imagination play. There is also a spring-rocker in the sand nearby. Lots to challenge kids of all ages.
This park also has swings in abundance. There are five swings all up! A pair of toddler swings, a pair of regular swings and a birds nest swing, all with sand fall underneath.
The life-sized concrete path snakes and ladders game was the highlight for my little miss. She thought it was funny to slide down the snakes. The game comes two spinners counting up to six on either side of the board. The game could be walked or ridden on scooters, and played with any number of kids.
Tendering Park is naturally shaded by the surrounding native trees and bushes. After the recent wet weather, it smelled fantastic! There are three picnic tables available to use, two of which are close to the Snakes and Ladders game, so it would be handy for parties in that respect. The playground is partially fenced from the roads, with just a gap in the fence to access Beach Road.
The only downside we found was ants. I would advise to be aware of bull ants when visiting and keep little shoes on if possible. My little miss managed to get a nip on the foot and wasn’t too happy after that.
Overall though, this is a great park with equipment to suit a range of children from toddlers upwards. It’s well worth stopping by if only to play a game of Snakes and Ladders with the family.
Tendring Park is located on Tendring Way, accessed via Hainsworth Avenue from Beach Road, Girrawheen.
- Best Playgrounds for Flying Fox Fun in Perth - January 20, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for February - January 17, 2019
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- City of Perth – Family Friendly Australia Day Events - January 8, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
- January Family Friendly Events in Perth - December 26, 2018
- New Year’s Eve Family Friendly Events 2018/2019 - December 20, 2018
- Free Things to do in Perth with Kids - December 19, 2018
- The Bird, Fish and Reptile Place, Wattle Grove - December 18, 2018
- The Cheeky Peach Patisserie Cafe, Tuart Hill - December 13, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Tendring Way