Fun new adventure playgrounds seem to be popping up everywhere around Perth at the moment, we recently visited the BRAND NEW The Hales Park in Forrestfield.
The Hales Park is nature-based, the main play structure is a 9 metre tall wooden tower that features a huge tunnel slide. As we arrived my 7 year old and her friend couldn’t wait to climb to the top, as they came racing down the 14 metre slide all we could hear was giggles of fun and excitement.
On the first level of the wooden structure is a bridge on one side of the bridge is the tower to the slide, on the other side there is a cargo net ladder, wooden ladder and fireman’s pole.
On ground level, there is a double flying fox with one pommel seat and one all-abilities harness seat.
Alongside the flying fox are some balancing beems and wooden poles to weave between.
Just next to the wooden poles is what looks like it will be a basket swing (some elements of the playground were unfinished when we visited).
Dotted throughout the play area are a number of stepping and balancing logs.
There is a swing set when we visited there was only one swing, another swing will be added (fingers crossed a toddler swing).
The Hales Park is aimed for older children, though my toddler enjoyed the sandpit complete with rocks and a mud kitchen. The sandpit area is also shaded.
There is a small grassed area, two sheltered picnic areas and bench seating around the playground, there are no toilets or BBQs
Majority of the playground is covered in woodchips, I suggest getting kids to wear closed in shoes. We visited on a hot day, with limited shade it was very hot so make sure you bring a hat and suncream. There is a drinking fountain if you forget your water bottle.
We really enjoyed our visit to The Hales Park, the kids played for hours and didn’t want to leave!
The Hales Park, Forrestfield
Located on the corner of Gala Way and Mandon Street, Forrestfield.
- Splashfest, Swanbourne - February 20, 2019
- Boorna Waanginy: The Trees Speak - February 9, 2019
- Fringe World Festival – Fringe Kids - January 21, 2019
- The Ground Cafe, Lexia - January 18, 2019
- Mastercard Hopman Cup 2019, RAC Arena - December 30, 2018
- The Big Wedgie, South Perth - December 28, 2018
- Island Aqua Park, Hillarys Boat Harbour - December 18, 2018
- Lights in the Heights, Padbury - December 12, 2018
- RAC Christmas Pageant - November 29, 2018
- The Magic of Christmas at Wanneroo Botanic Gardens - November 27, 2018
Kellie Elliott is a stay at home mum of 4 she enjoys adventuring around Perth with her children and sharing her journeys and experiences on Instagram.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Gala Way