Nestled in the heart of Dianella is the lovely Wake Pola Reserve. This parkland has a good sized playground with shade sails and natural shading.
The playground features a large play structure with two slides, a noughts and crosses game, shop front, fireman pole and flying fox. There are stairs to climb, a tunnel to crawl through and an arched bridge to cross.
Separately, there are swings, both toddler and regular, and some spring rockers, including a 4-way see-saw rocker. These are mostly under shade, but depending on the time of day, may see some sun. So worth checking before the kids jump on.
This playground smells amazing! Surrounded by tall native trees, it smells like a walk in the bush. There are two benches to sit on under the shady trees and a water fountain.
Surrounding the playground is plenty of grassy open space. During our visit, we saw people exercising their dogs, and the kids also enjoyed a runaround. Bring a ball along for more fun!
This playground is not fenced, but I feel it should be far enough back from the quiet streets to prevent runners getting away.
There are no toilet facilities here. However, the playground is walking distance to Dianella Plaza. You could stop off there for coffee and snacks going to or from the playground.
Wake Pola Reserve is located at 87 Pola Street, on the corner of Pola and Wake Streets, Dianella.
- The Cheeky Peach Patisserie Cafe, Tuart Hill - December 13, 2018
- Best Perth Mega Parks… Worth a Day Trip - December 6, 2018
- December Family Friendly Events in Perth - November 29, 2018
- Leisure World, Thornlie - November 20, 2018
- Best Parks For Birthday Parties in Perth - November 14, 2018
- Cool Kids Classes in Perth - November 7, 2018
- Bullsbrook Library, Bullsbrook - November 7, 2018
- The Mean Bean Diner, Bullsbrook - October 23, 2018
- Landsdale Farm School - October 23, 2018
- Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre, Churchlands - October 10, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 87 Pola St