Nestled in the heart of Dianella is the lovely Wake Pola Reserve. This parkland has a good sized playground with shade sails and natural shading.
The playground features a large play structure with two slides, a noughts and crosses game, shop front, fireman pole and flying fox. There are stairs to climb, a tunnel to crawl through and an arched bridge to cross.
Separately, there are swings, both toddler and regular, and some spring rockers, including a 4-way see-saw rocker. These are mostly under shade, but depending on the time of day, may see some sun. So worth checking before the kids jump on.
This playground smells amazing! Surrounded by tall native trees, it smells like a walk in the bush. There are two benches to sit on under the shady trees and a water fountain.
Surrounding the playground is plenty of grassy open space. During our visit, we saw people exercising their dogs, and the kids also enjoyed a runaround. Bring a ball along for more fun!
This playground is not fenced, but I feel it should be far enough back from the quiet streets to prevent runners getting away.
There are no toilet facilities here. However, the playground is walking distance to Dianella Plaza. You could stop off there for coffee and snacks going to or from the playground.
Wake Pola Reserve is located at 87 Pola Street, on the corner of Pola and Wake Streets, Dianella.
- Family Friendly Events for March - February 15, 2019
- Red Man Cucina, Bedford - February 14, 2019
- Schlice, Morley - February 14, 2019
- Sugar & Nice, Inglewood - February 12, 2019
- Chinese New Year Events in Perth - January 29, 2019
- Best Playgrounds for Flying Fox Fun in Perth - January 20, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for February - January 17, 2019
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- City of Perth – Family Friendly Australia Day Events - January 8, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 87 Pola St