Walter Padbury Playground is located in the Walter Padbury Park sporting complex in Thornlie. It is easily accessed from all car parks by a large internal path network so you should never have a problem finding a car park space!
Walter Padbury Playground addresses all aspects of children’s play including balance, climb, slide, spin and discovery experiences and also venturing into the nature play theme.
A sensory experience and access and mobility is provided as well as utilisation of different soft fall materials.
The playground is good for children of all ages. For the younger ones, there is a small solid climbing frame structure complete with slide and a low height climbing net.
There is a fabulous sandpit area which has huge dinosaur bones and eyes embedded in it. A must visit for any dinosaur fan! Don’t forget your bucket and spade.
There are a spinning pole and cup.
Two swinging contraptions, one that I have never come across before but unfortunately we weren’t able to test it out as it was not covered by the shade sails so it was too hot!
For older children, there is a Tripod swing and a large interesting climbing net. Both of these areas are not covered by shade sails.
The toilets are situated right next to the playground and there a couple of nice picnic shelters with BBQs.
There is also plenty of open space to run about on and there are a few cricket nets if you fancy getting some practise in.
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - January 12, 2018
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - July 24, 2017
- iFly Indoor Skydiving Experience, Perth - July 9, 2017
- Kids Wonderland 2017 Review, 5th – 9th July - July 4, 2017
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 9 and 6 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.