Set right in the middle of the new, vibrant dining and entertainment precinct at Westfield Whitford City is a beautifully unique play area for children.
Overlooked by many of the restaurants and sheltered underneath shade sails, the play area is unlike any I’ve ever seen before. Forgoing traditional play equipment, which tends to be age specific, the mix of wooden stepping stones, ceramic arches and decorative metal poles appeared to appeal to children of all ages. Throughout the evening I saw all age groups from toddlers to preteens climbing and jumping and running, all thoroughly engaged and having plenty of fun!
The wooden stepping stones are set out over a large area and along with balancing and stepping your way around them, older children were trying to leap from one to another whilst younger children spent their time trying to balance.
The ceramic arches were perfect for crawling under, climbing over, sliding down, running up and sitting on.
The decorative metal poles have a fairy light effect which entranced the younger children, with toddlers weaving their way through and practising their firemen impression trying to slide down them.
There are a few water features around the play area, one with little waterfalls into the ground which the toddlers couldn’t resist. You do need to watch little ones carefully as they are low enough to climb into.
The whole area is set on soft artificial turf, and there are some deck chairs scattered around along with plant box edges for parents to sit on. The whole area was beautifully lit, there was music playing and a vibrant and safe feel with plenty of people about in the evening.
It’s the perfect spot for a family dinner with a huge range of restaurants surrounding it.
For more information about Westfield Whitford City’s Dining & Entertainment Hub.
- Dough Pizza, Westfield Whitford City - September 18, 2018
- Something Italian, Merriwa - November 14, 2017
- Guzman y Gomez, Westfield Whitford City - October 11, 2017
- Prince of Wales Hotel Bistro Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Corners on King Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Bunbury Wildlife Park - May 29, 2017
- Music Together with Sarah - May 11, 2017
- Discovery Park-Koombana Bay Holiday Park - March 29, 2017
- WA Museum Discovery Zone at The State Library of WA - March 13, 2017
- Hardware Cafe, Quinns Rocks - February 4, 2017
Kylie is the mum of a gorgeous toddler who is growing far too fast by devouring her sleep. She is a qualified early childhood teacher, who loves exploring the world through the eyes of a 2 year old and now knows more about diggers than she ever imagined she would
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Marmion Avenue