I live nowhere near Whitby but after seeing some pictures online of their nature-based playground I knew I had to visit – the playground opened in mid 2016 and is very unique.
Whitby playground is located 40 minutes South-East of Perth. The playground borders a nature walk trail so there is plenty of things to see and explore.
The playground features 2 swings and a net swing.
Two large slides on soft fall climbing mountains.
Tunnels to climb over or crawl through.
A wooden structure to balance across or hang off.
Water play, it wasn’t working when we visited and looked like it has been out of order for some time.
There are BBQ facilities at Whitby playground and heaps of seating. There is also a drinking fountain.
Mature trees provide ample shade. There is a grassed area to run around on or to enjoy a picnic.
Whitby playground is located on Tinspar Avenue, Whitby.
- Lollipop’s Playland, Butler - July 16, 2018
- Mini Marine Biologist – Toddlers Tuesdays, AQWA - July 6, 2018
- City of Perth Winter Fest - June 30, 2018
- Skating at Elizabeth Quay - June 25, 2018
- Brookfield Winter Lights Festival - June 23, 2018
- Winterworld Fremantle - June 23, 2018
- iPlay, Westfield Whitford City - June 21, 2018
- Perth Children’s Hospital - May 31, 2018
- Buckingham House, Wanneroo - May 3, 2018
- Zippy’s Kings Park Adventures - May 2, 2018
Kellie Elliott is a stay at home mum of 4 she enjoys adventuring around Perth with her children and sharing her journeys and experiences on Instagram.