I live nowhere near Whitby but after seeing some pictures online of their nature-based playground I knew I had to visit – the playground opened in mid 2016 and is very unique.
Whitby playground is located 40 minutes South-East of Perth. The playground borders a nature walk trail so there is plenty of things to see and explore.
The playground features 2 swings and a net swing.
Two large slides on soft fall climbing mountains.
Tunnels to climb over or crawl through.
A wooden structure to balance across or hang off.
Water play, it wasn’t working when we visited and looked like it has been out of order for some time.
There are BBQ facilities at Whitby playground and heaps of seating. There is also a drinking fountain.
Mature trees provide ample shade. There is a grassed area to run around on or to enjoy a picnic.
Whitby playground is located on Tinspar Avenue, Whitby.
- Splashfest, Swanbourne - February 20, 2019
- Boorna Waanginy: The Trees Speak - February 9, 2019
- Fringe World Festival – Fringe Kids - January 21, 2019
- The Ground Cafe, Lexia - January 18, 2019
- Mastercard Hopman Cup 2019, RAC Arena - December 30, 2018
- The Big Wedgie, South Perth - December 28, 2018
- Island Aqua Park, Hillarys Boat Harbour - December 18, 2018
- Lights in the Heights, Padbury - December 12, 2018
- RAC Christmas Pageant - November 29, 2018
- The Magic of Christmas at Wanneroo Botanic Gardens - November 27, 2018
Kellie Elliott is a stay at home mum of 4 she enjoys adventuring around Perth with her children and sharing her journeys and experiences on Instagram.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Tinspar Avenue