This shipwreck-themed playground which opened in March 2018 is one of twenty parks planned within the in the thriving Yanchep Golf Estate! Perfect for toddlers and kids under 10, it certainly ticks a lot of boxes, and this is only stage one of the two-hectare park.
As we arrived the first thing that caught my 8 year olds eye was the flying fox. She was a little disappointed it was only a single flying fox so she was unable to have races with her friend, instead, they happily took turns.
The playground is sand based with a large blue soft-fall mountain in the middle with fun colourful mounds, stepping logs, ropes, a concrete tunnel and slide. The designed of the soft-fall mountain is fun yet challenging for kids, and they loved it!
Despite the cooler weather, my the toddlers kept gravitated towards the water play area. My little one easily climbed the rocks up to the stepping logs to turn on the water, the water then travels down the three wooden troughs onto the waiting hands below.
Near the water play is a xylophone with two mallets, another favourite with the toddlers.
In the sand there is a wooden shipwreck, the kids would climb the bow of the ship and have their Titanic moment.
On the side of the playground, there are monkey bars. There are stepping logs throughout the playground and around the sandpit, including a handful of brightly coloured logs that give the playground that extra pop!
There is a large grassed area, perfect for kicking a ball or playing a game of cricket.
The space includes BBQs, a drinking fountain and picnic facilities. There are no toilets, a Woolworths and McDonalds are within a 5-minute drive.
Yanchep Golf Estate Playground
Located on the corner of Linksman Street and Caddy Way.
- WA Police Force Expo, Joondalup - March 21, 2019
- Heirisson Island, Perth - March 13, 2019
- Splashfest, Swanbourne - February 20, 2019
- Boorna Waanginy: The Trees Speak - February 9, 2019
- Fringe World Festival – Fringe Kids - January 21, 2019
- The Ground Cafe, Lexia - January 18, 2019
- Mastercard Hopman Cup 2019, RAC Arena - December 30, 2018
- The Big Wedgie, South Perth - December 28, 2018
- Island Aqua Park, Hillarys Boat Harbour - December 18, 2018
- Lights in the Heights, Padbury - December 12, 2018
Kellie Elliott is a stay at home mum of 4 she enjoys adventuring around Perth with her children and sharing her journeys and experiences on Instagram.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Caddy Way