The Elizabeth Quay Playground is a maritime-themed playground that has been designed in collaboration with Nature Play.
The main feature of the playground is a 3 storey climbing tower featuring climbing nets, look out points, a slide and rope bridges. Kids can immerse themselves in the pirate world by ringing the ship’s bell or walking the plank.
The fortress is fairly impressive with many challenging climbing ropes and rope bridges to negotiate to get to the top!
There is a large sandpit in the centre of the playspace which features log steppers and a water table. The area is partly shaded by large umbrellas.
A very popular feature of the playground is the water play area. Kids can pump the water to create a stream and then control the flow of the water by using the sluice gates.
There is also a Birds Nest Swing
At the edge of the playground is a shaded seating area.
The playground is mainly walled and fenced all around apart from the entrance area so you do need to keep a close eye on younger children as if they manage to wander out of the enclosed space they will find themselves near the water in no time.
We grabbed a coffee from the newly opened Isle of Voyage Cafe which offers an array of snacks, treats, sandwiches, ice cream, milkshakes and really good coffee!!!
The café is located in the historic Florence Hummerston Kiosk and is operated by the same team as the popular Voyage Café in Sorrento.
There are three unisex disabled toilets right next to Elizabeth Quay Playground.
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Silks at Crown Perth - January 12, 2018
- Ruth Faulkner Library, Belmont - November 9, 2017
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - July 24, 2017
- iFly Indoor Skydiving Experience, Perth - July 9, 2017
- Kids Wonderland 2017 Review, 5th – 9th July - July 4, 2017
- Magic Shoebox – Children’s Shoes Perth - June 18, 2017
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 9 and 6 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.