Each Tuesday for the month of February Toddlers are taking over AQWA with Toddler Fest Tuesday!
Each week there is a different theme, the day we visited the theme was Mermaids and Pirates, upcoming themes include Ocean Fairies and Dragons (20th) and Under the Sea (27th).
Toddler Fest Tuesday is FREE for toddlers under the age of 4 and runs from 9.30am to 11.30am, you will need to enter through the rear gate.
The wonderful Freedom Fairies will help keep the toddlers entertained with a variety of activities including;
Face-painting, this was the only activity we had to line up for – but it was definitely worth the wait!
Sensory play stations, there were four tables set up, two had kinetic sand one with playdough tools and cutters and the other with shells and sticks. Another table had rice with buried treasure to find. The last table had a ‘mermaids tail’ (reversible sequin blanket) for children to play with.
Music, lots of different maracas to shake, toddlers are encouraged to copy different actions with their maracas. There was also hula hoops and balls for the little ones to play with.
Interactive stories, listen to a story from a fun pop-up book or hear all about different pirate adventures from the pirate puppet.
Games and dancing, the kids had fun helping the pirate find her treasure and learning her favourite pirate dances.
The underwater mermaid show was a huge highlight! We loved watching her swim around with the fish and receiving lots of mermaid kisses.
In addition to the activities, there is a bouncy castle and toddler-friendly play equipment.
Marena Cafe is open to grab a coffee, juice or light snack.
We had a fantastic time at Toddler Fest Tuesday! Although busy, my toddler and baby were busy playing and engaged in activities the entire time. The location is great, I found it easy to keep an eye on my runaway toddler, the activities were well spaced out and there was plenty of room for prams.
The aquarium opens at 10am, at which time you will be free to head upstairs (lift also available) and have more fun exploring – my toddler absolutely loved the touch pool and shipwreck coast aquarium, he even made friends with a scuba diver!
Toddler Fest Tuesday
Toddlers under 4 are FREE, Children 4+ $18 , Adult 16+ $30
Click here to purchase tickets online
91 Southside Dr, Hillarys
- Mandurah Cruises – Kids Cruise FREE - April 17, 2018
- Camel West Inner City Camel Riding Tour - April 16, 2018
- Tom Vickers and the Extraordinary Adventure of his Missing Sock - April 16, 2018
- Play-Doh Immersive Zone, Lakeside Joondalup - April 16, 2018
- How to Get Rid of the Gross Nasties Lurking in your Matress! - April 11, 2018
- RAC Intellibus - April 5, 2018
- Dragon’s Kingdom – Adventure World - March 29, 2018
- Horrible Histories – Pirates: The Exhibition, WA Maritime Museum - March 24, 2018
- Lavendale Farmstay, York - March 19, 2018
- Easter Events in Perth 2018 - March 19, 2018