Best Outdoor Cinema Perth – including roof top cinema and drive in cinema
One of the many advantages of our beautiful Perth summer weather is being able to enjoy a movie at an Outdoor Cinema, Roof Top Cinema or Drive in Cinema under the stars. There are several venues to choose from during the warmer months. Here are the Top Ten Outdoor Cinemas in Perth:
1. Luna Outdoor, Leederville – located in the courtyard of Luna Cinemas in Leederville is a fully licensed outdoor cinema with bean bags, the latest digital technology, and 3D capabilities. Catch a classic, arthouse, or independent film while enjoying a fine wine or premium beer with a cheese platter, delicious dip and crisp bread from the Luna Lounge Bar. Check out the Luna Outdoor Program for upcoming movies and session dates. Open all summer long. Doors open at 6:45 pm, and show starts at 8:00 pm sharp. 2. Galaxy Drive-In– this family friendly drive-in located in Kingsley is one of the last of its kind in all of Australia, and the only one in Perth. Drive in Cinemas are a blast from the past, and an excellent way to enjoy the latest family films with young children. When we go, we pile the car with pillows and blankets, beach chairs, and bean bags and arrive plenty early to set up our “camp”. We bring our own dinner, snacks, lollies and drinks although you can purchase from the Snack Bar. Tuesday night is also bargain night. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is also a good time to go because it’s a double feature and you get two movies for the price of one! Gates open at 6:30 and movie starts at 7:30. CASH only.
3. Camelot Outdoor Cinema Perth- located in the heart of Mosman Park, this cinema is open seasonally. This intimate garden setting is the perfect place to enjoy a picnic dinner while waiting for the movie to start. Gourmet hampers for two are available for purchase in advance or on the night. There is a fully licensed bar and also a cafe serving cinema fare: chocolates, ice cream, and lollies (of course!) Arrive early to avoid disappointment, click here for Movie Sessions. Doors open at 6:15 pm, and show starts at 8:00 pm sharp.
6. Moonlight Cinema- now showing on the lawns of Kings Park until Sunday 27th March. Gates open at 6pm, and shows start at sundown (around 8pm). This is a BYO venue with snacks and non-alcoholic beverages available at the snack bar. A limited number of bean bags are available for hire. Otherwise, bring cushions, blankets and/or a low beach chair without legs.
7. Joondalup Pines- Named appropriately, this cinema is surrounded by pine trees in what feels like the middle of the wooded forest. This venue is BYO, so pack a picnic and bottle of wine if you would like. There are a limited number of bean bags available, so arrive early if you hope to get one. The hammock like chairs are comfortable for a while, but having a cushion for your back would be ideal.
8. Ben and Jerry’s Open Air Cinema – a quintessential outdoor event, with feature films lighting up the huge movie screen from dusk. Cinemagoers can chill out before their movie with some tasty food and frosty beverages from the licensed bar, while relaxing to sounds from the best of the Australian music scene and sets from the most exciting emerging local musicians. To top it off, every Sunday screening is a ‘Sundae Session’, a dedicated live music event with FREE Ben & Jerry’s ice cream for all! Location is on Riverside Drive on the Corner of Adelaide Terrace. 2016 dates still to be announced.
- Blank Canvas Gifts - December 1, 2016
- Best Water Slides in Perth - November 1, 2016
- Best Outdoor Cinema Perth – including roof top cinema and drive in cinema - December 29, 2015
- Kalamunda Water Park - March 6, 2015
- Claremont Pools, Claremont - January 29, 2015
- Roll n Dice Barber Shop, Canning Vale - November 1, 2014
- Top Ten Halloween Party Tips for Kids - October 17, 2014
- Kinderdental Paediatric Dentist, Claremont - August 21, 2014
- Outback Jacks, Northbridge - May 14, 2014
- Dinosaur World: Bird and Reptile Park, Denmark - January 23, 2014