The Victoria Park Library has lots to offer. It is conveniently located near the Leisurelife centre, The Park Centre and a playground so your visit can be combined with other things in the area.
The library has a dedicated bright children’s area with books, puzzles and cd’s for little ones and helpful information for parents.
There are small tables and chairs or colourful soft cushions for the kids to sit on and read/look at the books. There is also an interactive toy for them to play with.
The library offers regular activities for young ones. Baby Rhymetime runs 9am and 10am on Fridays during the school term and suitable for babies 0-24months.
Kids Storytime runs 9.30am Tuesday and Thursday during the school term and Lego Free play for 5-12 year olds runs on the last Saturday of the month at 2.30pm. All have limited numbers so contact the library to make a booking.
Outside the library there is a park and fenced playground which can be useful for a run around before or after the activities. The playground is sand based. The play equipment has one end the suits younger children with a small slide and easy steps. Across the bridge is a longer steeper slide, firemans pole and more difficult climbing access.
There are a couple of park benches outside the fence of the playground.
Behind the playground is a large park with large trees providing shade and lots of space for games or running. The library even has some very comfortable looking deck chairs that can be borrowed to be used in the park.
Victoria Park Library
27 Sussex St, East Victoria Park
(08) 9373 5500
Monday 9am – 6pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9am – 8pm
Friday 9am – 6pm
Saturday 9am – 5pm
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
- Tumblers Kids Gym, Riverton Leisureplex - June 7, 2018
- The Local Shack, Forrestfield - June 5, 2018
- PJ Masks at Karrinyup Shopping Centre - April 17, 2018
- Castledare Miniature Railway - April 10, 2018
- The Faraway Tree Cafe and Community Space, Glen Forrest - April 4, 2018
- Blasta Brewing Company, Burswood - March 26, 2018
- Cape View Beach Resort, Busselton - March 20, 2018
- Busselton Jetty - March 20, 2018