The Wanneroo Regional museum is a great little museum that is free to enter (gold coin donation appreciated) and fun for kids of all ages.
The Museum gives a voice to communities that make up Wanneroo’s history. Travel through time and explore a range of exhibits, audiovisuals and interactive displays.
The Wanneroo Regional museum showcases the City’s rich cultural heritage with exciting displays that celebrate the stories of the area. More than 550 objects and photographs are on permanent display.
Displays include treasures from shipwrecks, items from market garden sheds and a road roller used on Wanneroo Road.
There are a few interactive exhibits that captured the attention of my kids. You can try your hand ‘surfing the waves’ at the back of a real beach shack that used to grace the beach at Quinns Rocks.
My kids loved taking part in the treasure hunt around the museum where you had to select a picture of an object and then go and find where it lives in the museum.
The museum houses a great children’s area themed around Wanneroo’s market gardening past. Kids can pack and load vegetables into a market truck and play at shopping and trading.
Each school holidays there are special activities put on for children. When we visited the very lovely Monty spent lots of time showing us how to make our own origami frogs and swans. The kids loved it!
Wanneroo Regional Museum is right next door to the fabulous Café Elixir which is a great family-friendly dining spot serving delicious food!
Wanneroo Regional Museum is located in the Wanneroo Library and Cultural Centre at 3 Rocca Way, Wanneroo.
Opening hours are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10am – 4pm
Thursday 10am – 5pm
Saturday 12pm – 4pm.
For more information visit www.wanneroo.wa.gov.au
- KidZania Singapore Review - July 8, 2019
- The Wild Fig Cafe, Scarborough - June 19, 2019
- The Slate Phuket Review - May 7, 2019
- Wanneroo Cuddly Animal Farm - April 25, 2019
- Blueback by Spare Parts Puppet Theatre - April 18, 2019
- Brickman Cities at the WA Maritime Museum - April 18, 2019
- The Importance Of Family Health Insurance When Travelling - April 16, 2019
- Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, Broome - March 14, 2019
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019