The impressive Watershed Margaret River winery, just a few minutes south of the town, is surrounded by manicured lawns overlooking views of vines and a dam. It’s pretty as a picture and a lovely spot for a family lunch.
There’s a couple of ways to dine at Watershed. Choose to either eat at the casual café, where there’s a kids play area in the outside courtyard or if it’s a special occasion, why not pick the more formal restaurant, which enjoys the vineyard views. After looking over our options, we opt for the café, given that Little Chef would prefer to roam around the playground. The menu still looks really tasty and is good value too.
On the menu there’s light bites, casual dishes like burgers and fish n’ chips as well as share platters. There’s also coffee and cake available. As tasted earlier at the cellar door, I chose the crisp and fruity SBS for lunch.
Little Chef chose whatever he liked from the children’s menu. High chairs are available for little ones and there’s plenty of room for strollers.
The quality kids cheese burger and chips was a very good serving and came with a colourful side salad.
After he’d finished his lunch, Little Chef heads to the shaded playground, which is still in view of our table through the window. This gave us a little peace to finish our meals! The playground has a soft fall surface and features a slide and climbing equipment, with a cute Aussie theme.
There are also outdoor tables by the play equipment if you’d prefer to sit closer.
I loved a flavour packed Vietnamese chicken salad ($25). The poached free range chicken was so tender and served with crisp cucumber, rice noodles, mint, nuoc cham dressing and fried shallots.
My Mum really liked the house smoked salmon potato salad ($26.50), with horseradish, chives, apple, and a gooey soft boiled egg.
Dad tried something a little different and was pleased with his grilled halloumi dish ($25), with freekeh, roasted pumpkin, nuts, seeds, Turkish bread and a tahini yoghurt.
A delicious lazy lunch over a glass of wine is my favourite thing to do when in Margaret River. We don’t always feel comfortable taking Little Chef along to some of the more formal winery restaurants. Watershed ticks all the boxes. There’s a view to die for, with a laid-back, holiday feel. Watershed is a must stop winery for foodies families in Margaret River.
Find Watershed Margaret River on the corner of Bussell Highway and Darch Road, Margaret River.
- Best Kid Friendly Cafes for Coffee & Cake in Perth - February 12, 2020
- Best Cafés for Mums Groups in Perth – North and Swan Valley - February 10, 2020
- Peppermint Green Coffee House, Joondalup - January 31, 2020
- The Best Things to See and Do at Whiteman Park - January 30, 2020
- The Beach House, Jindalee - January 24, 2020
- Maison Saint-Honoré, Floreat - January 20, 2020
- The Kid-Friendly Guide to Scarborough - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Playgrounds – South of Perth - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Parks – North of Perth - January 13, 2020
- Places to Watch the Australia Day Fireworks in and Around Perth - December 30, 2019