One of our go-to spots for a totally over the top sugar hit is Whisk Creamery. The popular café that started out in Subiaco, has now opened another store on William Street in Northbridge.
Little Chef and I had been at Nostalgia Box for a morning of fun playing retro computer games. Afterwards, we popped into Whisk Creamery for a tasty treat for morning tea, no doubt it would include their speciality – fresh soft serve gelato.
Deciding what to choose is tricky. The menus also have photos of each creation and it’s very difficult not to want to try everything! There’s indulgent stuffed cronuts, deep fried gelato, banana splits and more.
Little Chef had the “Sneaky Caramel”, $12.40. The cup is brimming with salted caramel gelato, hot honey chocolate fudge sauce in the syringe, chocolate wafer shards and coffee mousse. He gave it two very enthusiastic thumbs up!
I had the “Banoffee Waffle”, $13.50. I don’t have a massive sweet tooth, so I wasn’t too sure if it would be too much, but I really enjoyed it. Super fresh double waffles are smothered in swirls of coffee mousse, a hot caramel fudge sauce in a syringe, fresh banana slices and topped with chocolate fairly floss. The mousse was absolutely scrumptious and so light, so the whole dessert didn’t feel heavy. I would definitely eat it again.
To drink, there’s some wicked milkshakes, iced drinks, tea, coffee, smoothies and complimentary water.
There’s plenty of tables and room to manoeuvre with a pram. High chairs are available and there is a blackboard to keep kids entertained while they are waiting for their gelato to arrive.
Whisk Creamery’s gelato creations are totally naughty – but so worth it!
Find Whisk Creamery at 246 William Street, Northbridge, Perth.
- The Kid-Friendly Guide to Scarborough - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Playgrounds – South of Perth - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Parks – North of Perth - January 13, 2020
- Places to Watch the Australia Day Fireworks in and Around Perth - December 30, 2019
- The Best Inflatable Water Parks in Perth - December 29, 2019
- Best Cafes for Mum’s Groups in Perth – South & Perth Hills - December 13, 2019
- Beaches with Playgrounds in Perth - December 12, 2019
- The Best Water Slides in Perth - December 11, 2019
- Best Cafés for Mums Groups in Perth – North and Swan Valley - December 9, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Trains in Perth & WA - November 22, 2019