Whistlers Chocolate Company is one of the many places to visit with kids in the Swan Valley. Whistlers is a Western Australian family owned business and are the oldest confectionary company in the state. Their original premises located in Belmont produces the old favourites such as Rocky Road, Chocolate Liquorice and Peanut Brittle.
But their Swan Valley location is a ‘must visit’ for all chocolate lovers. All the old favourites are available to purchase and when we visited on a hot summer’s day it was lovely and cool inside-no danger of the chocolate melting!
Unlike the Margaret River Chocolate Company, you won’t find copious amounts of free chocolate tastings on offer. However, at the ice-cream counter, there was a small selection of different chocolates to sample if you ask the sales assistant nicely.There is a café to the rear of the building selling a selection of sandwiches and cakes. There are a few high chairs available too.
The café offers a choice of seating – inside in the main café area at the Cocoa Lounge or outside on the shady terrace.The outside area is fabulous for kids. There is a very large grassy area – perfect for running off the sugar rush from all that yummy chocolate! Dotted around the grassy area are several picnic tables.There is also two large sand pits which are shaded and come complete with a large chalk board. That should amuse the kids for quite a while!For the older kids, there are free retro game machines situated inside just outside of the café area.
On display in the store is a very large castle made completely out of chocolate which Miss 4 thought was amazing!Definitely worth a visit any time of year!
Whistlers Chocolate Company
506 Great Northern Highway
Middle Swan, Western Australia 6056
Tel:(08) 9274 7777
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - July 3, 2018
- Kids Wonderland 2018 Review, 4th – 8th July - July 2, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - June 22, 2018
- Sunflowers Animal Farm, Margaret River - May 7, 2018
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017