Wiggly Woo is a fun pay-as-you-go music and movement class for young children based in Mount Hawthorn.
The classes are run by volunteers from the Mount Hawthorn Community Church. These classes are full of energy and educational elements, combining some traditional nursery rhymes with some more modern favourites. Parents are encouraged to join in, either helping their child with the actions, or serving as an example to other children if their own child is old enough to dance on their own. It’s lots of fun!
Some songs require props, such as Swim Like A Fish, which involves waving colourful scarves while dancing to the music. Miss almost 3 enjoyed this a great deal!
Sessions run for approximately 30 minutes, and following the music and dancing, a morning tea of fresh fruit is set out on tables for the children. Coffee, tea and biscuits are available in the kitchen for the parents or grandparents to help themselves.
Wiggly Woo sessions run four times a week on Tuesdays and Fridays at 9.30am and 10.30am.
Sessions cost a flat fee of $5 per family, and you only pay for the sessions you attend. There is no need to pre-register. The fees are kept low as the session leaders volunteer their time, and any surplus money after costs are covered are donated to children’s organizations, both locally and internationally.
Wiggly Woo sessions are located in the Lesser Hall in Braithwaite Park, on the corner of Scarborough Beach Road and The Boulevarde, Mount Hawthorn. The Lesser Hall faces on to Kalgoorlie Street, and free street parking is available.
- WA Day Family Events 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for June 2019 - May 11, 2019
- Adzera Cafe, Scarborough - April 23, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for May 2019 - April 23, 2019
- Mother’s Day Ideas 2019 - April 16, 2019
- ANZAC Day Events in Perth 2019 - April 3, 2019
- Easter Family Events in Perth 2019 - March 31, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for April 2019 - March 18, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for March - February 15, 2019
- Red Man Cucina, Bedford - February 14, 2019