I love the way the Margaret River appeals to all members of my family. We try to mix the wine tastings and breweries with equal amounts of fun activities for the kids. This time the kids “hit the jackpot” when we visited Xscape at the Cape Fun Park in Dunsborough.
The size of the Fun Park was perfect. There was plenty to keep the kids busy for a few hours, but the park was small enough to feel at ease with three kids running in separate directions.
The buildings and surrounds made me feel as if I stepped onto a farm or small plantation. Even the toilets were charming.
The kids did not stop from playing long enough to enjoy anything from the cafe, even though I offered several times. I did, however, glance at the menu and was delighted to see a nice selection of “homemade” food with very reasonable prices.
Xscape at the Cape serves local Yahava coffee and straight from the cow ice cream from Millers Ice Creamery. YUM!
The kids raced against the clock and each other through the maze.
The train leaves the station every half hour:
This 18 hole miniature golf course was a real hoot! Each hole had a joke or a prank that had us giggling. Be aware of spiders, and water shooting animals as you putt your way around!
When asked their favourite part of the Fun Park, my two older kids (ages 9 and 12) both said they liked the Wacky Putt and the Trampolines the best. My three year old enjoyed riding the train. It was a fantastic afternoon. The kids were content and tired out, and I was surprisingly relaxed and content myself. I didn’t have that “frenzied feeling” I usually get at amusement parks. We will definitely visit Xscape at the Cape Fun Park on our next Margaret River holiday.
Get Wet H20 has now opened at Xscape at the Cape Fun Park. Click here to read all about it.
- Blank Canvas Gifts - December 1, 2016
- Top Water Slides in Perth - November 1, 2016
- Top 10 Outdoor Cinemas in Perth - December 29, 2015
- Education and Heritage Centre Fire Station - June 2, 2015
- Kalamunda Water Park - March 6, 2015
- Claremont Pools, Claremont - January 29, 2015
- Roll n Dice Barber Shop, Canning Vale - November 1, 2014
- Top Ten Halloween Party Tips for Kids - October 17, 2014
- Kinderdental Paediatric Dentist, Claremont - August 21, 2014
- The Surfing Lizard Espresso Bar, Coogee - May 16, 2014