North Beach restaurant Zephyr is a Gold Plate winning restaurant that has a very loyal local following in the Perth northern beaches. Zephyr’s website describes it’s self as an Italian restaurant. So when I arrived I was expecting to see pasta and pizza on the menu… you won’t find that at Zephyr. It’s a European restaurant, which has “Mediterranean style” dishes on the menu.
We dined on a rainy Wednesday, the restaurant had a lively atmosphere, with tables of people happily chatting and enjoying tunes played by Pablo the Spanish guitarist in the enclosed alfresco area. Little Chef was dancing away to the music in his chair and I enjoyed a the music with my fruity Cinderella mocktail.
The wait staff are fireiendly and talked to Little CHef, making him feel welcome. There are high chairs available for little ones. The kids menu has a few options and a free scoop of gelato with every main meal.
For main, Chef chose the Harvey beef fillet ($39). Cooked nicely medium rare, it was topped with a plump field mushroom, truffle salt, shaved parmesan and a red wine sauce. He also picked a side of chunky roasted rosemary and garlic potato chips.
I picked the pork belly ($36) as it’s one of my favourite cuts of meat. The pork was served with creamy mash, scallops and a house made spicy kim chi. Julienned snow peas were perfectly cooked.
Little Chef chose the crumbed chicken ($12) from the kids menu. This came with salad, but not the accompanying chips as stated on the menu (I didn’t realise this till afterwards!).
For dessert I was being good, picking the flourless chocolate torte ($12) , a gluten free dish. The warmed torte was very tasty and served with fanned fresh strawberries and a nougat gelato.
Included in the price of the kids meal was a scoop of il Gelato ice cream. Little Chef tucked into the rich chocolte gelato and marshmallows.
Chef chose the filled doughnuts ($14), which is apparently Zephyr’s most popular dessert. This is served with an apple salsa, butterscotch sauce and vanilla gelato.
Thank you to Owner/Head Chef Lawrence for inviting us in for dinner and treating us to your warm hospitality.
Amanda and her family dined as guests of Zephyr, all words and opinions are her own.
- Best Kid Friendly Cafes for Coffee & Cake in Perth - February 12, 2020
- Best Cafés for Mums Groups in Perth – North and Swan Valley - February 10, 2020
- Peppermint Green Coffee House, Joondalup - January 31, 2020
- The Best Things to See and Do at Whiteman Park - January 30, 2020
- The Beach House, Jindalee - January 24, 2020
- Maison Saint-Honoré, Floreat - January 20, 2020
- The Kid-Friendly Guide to Scarborough - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Playgrounds – South of Perth - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Parks – North of Perth - January 13, 2020
- Places to Watch the Australia Day Fireworks in and Around Perth - December 30, 2019