Kyilla Community Farmers Market – In Kyilla Park, behind Kyilla Primary School, the Kyilla Community Farmers Market runs every Saturday from 8.00am until 11.30am.
The market is very family friendly, with a free kids zone set up with activities such as some imaginative play mats set out with wooden blocks and plastic animals and bugs. There was also a face painter available here for $2 per child.
The play zone is under a gazebo, so it’s very shady in the warm weather and has some low stools for adults to sit on and play with their kids. My little Miss made a new friend while playing here, and had a fun time telling her dad all the different bug and animal names.
Stalls at Kyilla Community Farmers Market include beautiful fresh vegetables and fruit, a butcher selling fresh meat, a van selling seafood, fresh pasta, bread and coffee, as well as homemade goods.
We also saw a stall space for the Beaufort St Community Centre, which had toys, a tent and a water table out for kids to play with, and friendly volunteers for parents to chat with.
The Kyilla Primary School PC had their own stall to fundraise for the school. The stall was run by friendly volunteers. This morning they were selling delicious smelling breakfast wraps. Yum!
Nearby we found a coffee van selling hot and cold pressed coffees, and a stall selling fresh juices and smoothies. There were also a number of food stalls selling everything from Turkish food, Asian food, sandwiches, and baked goods. Lots of options for snacks or breakfast!
Live music was also a feature. A young man accompanied by his guitar was singing classic songs from artists such as The Beatles. He was very good! Across from the singer was a shaded seating area under some trees for families to enjoy the music while eating their breakfast or enjoying a coffee.
At the back and side of the market is a playground, part of which is undercover. There are lots of climbing ropes, slides, balance bars and fort, among other things. The kids had a great time going between this and the free play zone.
The Kyilla Community Farmers Market is located at 36 Clieveden Street, North Perth, by the corner of Union Street.
- The Cheeky Peach Patisserie Cafe, Tuart Hill - December 13, 2018
- Best Perth Mega Parks… Worth a Day Trip - December 6, 2018
- December Family Friendly Events in Perth - November 29, 2018
- Leisure World, Thornlie - November 20, 2018
- Best Parks For Birthday Parties in Perth - November 14, 2018
- Cool Kids Classes in Perth - November 7, 2018
- Bullsbrook Library, Bullsbrook - November 7, 2018
- The Mean Bean Diner, Bullsbrook - October 23, 2018
- Landsdale Farm School - October 23, 2018
- Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre, Churchlands - October 10, 2018